EZPull Target Management and payment systems
Though shooters may think clay targets are a low cost “disposable”, the fact is, wasted targets accumulate and this accumulation can cause gun clubs a significant loss of revenue. Industry wide, target wasting is estimated between 10%-20% for Trap and Skeet and as high as 40% for Sporting Clays.
Gun clubs that install target management systems report a significant increase in revenue partly because they are getting paid for each target but also because shooters feel more comfortable repeating a shot when they know they are not poaching targets.
EZPull was first to introduce RFID technology for clay target counting. With years of experience designing wireless equipment and contactless RFID card systems, EZPull’s TargetManager is the most advanced Clay Target Management system on the market. TargetManager lets you turn your gun club into a “vending machine” with shooters getting to decide how many clays they want from that “vending machine”. The result is a “win-win” for gun clubs and shooters alike!
TargetManager is completely wireless, no cables to the traps, no pull cords! EZPull offers a variety of wireless remote controllers suitable for any clay target sport. An EZPull controller operates as a wireless puller’s switch that wirelessly communicates with Target Manager. When the puller presses a target key on the remote, a wireless target(s) command is send to TargetManager. TargetManager then checks for available targets on a secure RFID card. If targets are available, TargetManager wirelessly tells receivers connected to trap machines to throw the targets.
- No more “target poaching”. Tight target inventory control and less supervising manpower increases gun club profitability.
- Two payment modes:
- Pay-per-target: targets are charged to an RFID card placed in a slot on TargetManager.
- Pay-per-round: a single transaction loads 25 targets from an RFID card to the TargetManager.
- Multiple or unified pricing structure.
- Can be set to count 2 targets for Trap Doubles.
- Displays both targets used (count up) and targets balance (count down).
- Two Options for Solo shooters:
- The Solo Delay is programmed to the RFID target card. Just put the RFID card in the TargetManager slot and targets will be delayed based on your time delay selection.
- Manual delay selection, press one key for a delay between 2-4 seconds.
- Can be programmed by the club’s personnel for use in any Clay Target Sports: Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, 5-Stand, FITASC, etc.
- Can be programmed to “COMBO” mode for overlay Trap/Skeet/5-Stand combination. Instantly switch “games” with special “game changer” cards.
- TargetManager will not charge the card while a trap is busy reloading.
- Target Counting Solutions:
- Master counter – club’s personnel uses an RFID tag to read targets from TargetManager. Readings from all shooting stations are automatically totaled and displayed on a computer in the gun club office.
- Resettable target counters for 8 trap machines indicate to club personnel when to reload targets.
- Rugged design and waterproof enclosure for prolonged exposure to the elements.
- Simple system architecture: Totally wireless! No complicated wiring or junction boxes.
- Operates from a 6V or 12V sealed lead acid rechargeable battery or AC/DC adapter.
Point of Sale
At the office targets are loaded on RFID contactless cards using a USB card reader and a Windows PC.
EZPullTMGR target management software is very simple to use and can be installed on any Windows PC running Windows 7, 8 or 10, including windows tablets with suitable USB connector, connected to the DRTW-2 card reader via USB cable.
Targets are instantly loaded on the customer’s card in just a few mouse clicks. Sell targets separately for Sporting Clays, 5-Stand and Skeet/Trap. The software will read all the “games” at once showing sold, used and balance targets for each clays sport. The software can be set to read only mode so customers can check how many targets are left on their cards.
The software keeps a log of all transactions as well as a list of cards that were not returned to the office for clearance. Reports can be viewed by date range, or exported to Excel for data analysis.
Custom printed cards with club logo, info, etc. are available.
Controllers & Accessories
EZPull offers TargetManager compatible versions of the standard controllers for all clay target sports:
Skeet and Sporting Clays: The TargetManager remotes look similar to the standard controllers but come without the antenna.
5-Stand and FITASC: The MTX-8 controller can be set in stand alone or for compatibility with TargetManager.
Trap with TargetManager: EZPull voice release and puller’s unit are compatible with TargetManager but the base station is replaced by a standard trap receiver.
Gun clubs using Canterbury Voice Release (CVR): The “Canterbury Sensor” is a wireless Target Sensor that allows TargetManager capabilities to existing Canterbury Voice Release installations without adding wires.
A wireless Target Sensor is connected between the Canterbury power supply in the trap house and the Canterbury control box. The power supply’s relay in the trap bunker is removed from the trap machine and replaced by an EZPull SRX01 wireless trap receiver. The TargetManager target counter is installed behind the 27 yard line making it accessible for shooters to log in their targets on the way to the trap field.
When the Target Sensor, connected to the Canterbury control box, senses that a target is to be released, it sends a wireless target request to the EZPull TargetManager. TargetManager checks for available targets in the “bank”. If targets are available, TargetManager sends a “throw target” command to the wireless receiver connected to the trap machine in the trap bunker.